My PR Bucket List
You may not have seen the major motion picture (I fell asleep), but you have heard of a “bucket list.” After seeing the movie and MTV’s hit show, The Buried Life, I created my own personal bucket list. It was more so a list of things I wanted to do and places I wanted to visit in my lifetime. Recently, I read about people creating professional bucket lists and I had to create one too!
Yes, it is a slight cliché, but I believe it is important to clearly define your goals. How can you achieve something that you are unsure of? You have to say this is what I want and this is how I am going to get it. The list I have created is made up of various things I want to accomplish professionally. In a more defined and lengthy list, I have these points made into goals I have set for myself that I actually want to achieve. This list is not before I die, but before I am 50.
Here are a few of the main items from my list:
1. Have an article published on a major online news or public relations website.
2. Have a client make front page news on a state or national newspaper
3. Teach or speak at local a seminar about event planning and social media
4. Work on a social media campaign for a major music festival (Bonnaroo,
Lollapalooza, South by Southwest would be my top choices)
5. Teach either Creative Writing or Public Relations Writing at a college or university
6. Buy Pretty Social its own domain—I want this blog to stand on its own
and be known by PR and Social media gurus.
7. Run a presidential candidate’s or major political figure’s social media campaign
8. Operate my own successful and sustainable Special Events and Public Relations firm (I already have the perfect name for it : ) )
With hard-work and focus I believe that all of the above are all achievable before my 50th birthday! I’m going to get started now…
Images via http://www.google.com